Do you want to support woman and children who have been impacted by violence? Do you believe that a positive, healthy relationship can be a vehicle for change? Are you a social justice advocate who is looking to make a difference in the world? Then this may be the career opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
Employment Positions currently available. Please see the job description(s) for more details.
We are seeking a Finance Assistant who loves to contribute to the effective and efficient functioning of organizations, providing excellent financial expertise and support.
At HWS, we use a gender based analysis (GBA+), trauma and violence informed framework to deliver prevention, education and crisis support services to women and their families who have been impacted by gender based violence (GBV) in rural Huron County. Our services include a 24-hour helpline and emergency shelter, risk assessment and safety planning, advocacy, system navigation, individual and group healing opportunities, and community development. HWS is part of a Joint Venture with a sister shelter in Middlesex County. As part of our collaboration, we leverage resources and talent across the region for greater impact and efficiency. In this role, your home organization is situated in Huron County, however your duties and responsibilities may be across the Joint Venture and supporting two
As part of the HWS team, you will contribute to achieving our vision, to create a vibrant, connected community, free of violence. Indirectly, you are supporting women and their children who have experienced abuse to find safety and begin their healing journey.
As an integral part of the Corporate Services team, the Finance Assistant will complete all activities related to accounting and agency finances, including but not limited to data entry, AP/AR, and payroll. This 4-day, 28 hour/week role (potential to expand to a full time role), will include a wide range of responsibilities within the finance portfolio and will work closely with the Senior Manager of Corporate Services, making this an ideal learning opportunity for someone seeking a future in non-profit financial management. We welcome your creativity and leadership, and we will support you in your
professional growth. This is a contract to March 31/24 with possibility of extension.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Completing all necessary financial activities associated with the accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, invoicing.
- Completing all bookkeeping activities including preparing deposits and journal postings to the general ledger.
- EHT and WSIB remittances.
- Funding Reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position will require the incumbent to work at our administration office, located at 376 Huron Road, Goderich, Ontario, with some flexibility to work from home.
The hours for this position are 28 hours per week (potential to expand to a full-time role of 35 hours per week).
What You Bring to the Role
- Post secondary degree/diploma in administration/business management or related field of study.
- Minimum 3 years experience including accounting, bookkeeping, financial administration in a non-profit environment.
- Experience with government budgets and reporting is an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial processes within a non-profit context.
- Excellent communications, listening and assessment skills.
- Competent in the use of computer office technology, payroll and accounting software and applications (MS Office, Sage, Payworks)
- Knowledge of the Ontario Employment Standards Act and associated regulations.
- Demonstrated abilities in taking initiative/self-management, accountability and flexibility/adaptability.
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate with independence.
- Ability to work effectively and tactfully with individuals at all levels of the organization, partner agencies, funder and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, organize and complete work effectively and within established timeframes
- Ability to qualify for and maintain appropriate security clearances
If this opportunity looks like it is a good fit for you, apply today!
Please forward your cover letter and resume to the Manager of Corporate Services at email@example.com by May 26, 2023 at 5pm.
We thank all those interested in the position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canada Summer Jobs Posting – Crisis Support Counsellor
Sexual Assault Counsellor – Part Time
At HWS, we use a gender-based analysis (GBA+), trauma and violence informed framework to deliver prevention, education and crisis support services to women and their families who have been impacted by gender based violence (GBV) in rural Huron County.
Our services include a 24-hour helpline and emergency shelter, risk assessment and safety planning, advocacy, system navigation, individual and group healing opportunities, and community development.
By sharing your talent, you will directly support a woman’s healing journey. Being a part of the HWS team allows you to positively contribute to fostering growth and connection, changing the lives of individuals, families, and communities, the way you do best – through your leadership, knowledge, and abilities. We welcome your creativity and resourcefulness, and we will be there to support you in your personal and professional growth and leadership.
We are seeking a strong, woman-centered Sexual Assault Counsellor to join our team. This is a part-time position for 3 days, or 21 hours per week.
Your duties and responsibilities will include (this is not an exhaustive list)
- Providing in person trauma-focused counselling, crisis intervention and crisis counselling services to survivors of sexual violence and trauma
- Developing individualized safety plans with women, focusing on risk and consent
- Completing intake with clients in a thorough and timely manner
- Managing wait lists for service and ensuring clients are seen in a timely manner
- Working with women to establish goals of the counselling relationship
- Ensuring that counselling techniques are current and meeting the needs of clients
- Acting as an advocate for clients within the justice and health systems and facilitating the referral process to other community agencies where appropriate
- Completion of documentation as needed
- Participate in case conferencing as required
- Complete accurate and relevant case notes and ensure client information is up to date in WISH.
- Participation in the Huron-Perth Collaborative to Address Sexual Violence
- Manage case files according to policies and procedures of the organization
This position will require the incumbent to work at our administration office, located at 376 Huron Road, Goderich, Ontario
The hours for this position are 21 hours per week, typically Monday – Friday daytime, and may be required to work variable evening/weekend hours to support program needs.
What you bring to the role
- Master’s degree in social work, Counselling or related field of study preferred bachelor’s degree in social work, Counselling or related field of study required
- Registration with the College of Social Work or related governing body in good standing preferred
- Minimum of 2-5+ years’ experience in individual and/or group counselling with adults who have experienced sexual violence or trauma in a clinical setting
- Specialized training in sexual violence counselling, including intergenerational trauma, childhood sexual abuse and Human Trafficking
- Specialized knowledge of trauma therapy, mental health, and substance abuse
- Well versed in survivor-centered, anti-racism/anti-oppressive practice and a strong understanding of the social determinants of health and sex positivity
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with therapeutic interventions, up to date counselling practices, case management and case planning
- Strong Experience with MS Office products, google apps for work, other internet applications and client database applications
- Current CPR-C & First Aid certification required
- Crisis Intervention, ASSIST, Mental Health First Aid certifications are assets
- A valid vulnerable sector check is required of all roles
- Driver’s License, Clean Abstract and Auto Insurance ($2M Liability)
If this opportunity looks like it is a good fit for you, apply today!
Please forward your email and resume to the Senior Manager of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those interested in the position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contracted.
Follow Us on Facebook